Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Translation

Hi Sabne, Geantrai is an Irish translation of a very early and very undercooked poem by myself. It went more or less like this.

River Dusk


When the evening light
Was a soft touch on the water,
The trees stood kneedeep
watching us go by.

A swan was streaking his area
With a scowl;
Ahead the cranes flapped
their carpet wings.

Then night arrived to claim all.


Nuala's translation makes some notable alterations eg the swan is kneedeep and is protecting his area nobly.Hope you’re good. M

1 comment:

Sabne Raznik said...

Ah, thank you! I'm doing a bit better of late. Up to my elbows in work on my manuscript "Whethering: shiir", but enjoying it. No new material since August, tho. Guess I'm stewing. lol Thanks, again! Every photo I've ever seen of Donegal is stunning. Hope you're enjoying it to the full.