Wednesday, April 21, 2021

And while it's still April,

here's some advice from Ogden Nash:

Always Marry An April Girl

Praise the spells and bless the charms,
I found April in my arms.
April golden, April cloudy,
Gracious, cruel, tender, rowdy;
April soft in flowered languor,
April cold with sudden anger,
Ever changing, ever true --
I love April, I love you.

which is really an excuse to consider

A Flea And A Fly In A Flue

A flea and a fly in a flue
Were imprisoned, so what could they do?
Said the fly, "let us flee!"
"Let us fly!" said the flea.
So they flew through a flaw in the flue.

which is a good moment to consider again

What a Wonderful Bird the Frog Are

What a wonderful bird the frog are
When he stand he sit almost:
When he hop he fly almost.
He ain't got no sense hardly;
He ain't got no tail hardly either.
When he sit, he sit on what he ain't got almost. 
                                                               (anon.)

I tried to write something in similar vein:

The sidewinder snake
scribbles sssss in the sand;
spelling what she say
as she slithers away;
how smart is that?

Okay, I'm not Ogden Nash, not even anon.


No comments: