Sunday, June 25, 2023

Explorer

 This blog compels me to write, without it I don't think I'd have the motivation. Most would think twice about posting their undistilled efforts;  I find it helps to get ideas down, later I can come back to work them, and so, I'm re-posting some amended poems from a few years ago.

It does mean I get to look back on quite a few posts that should never have been let out, but I console myself  with the thought that even the greatest  photgraphers have taken god knows how many average photographs in their quest to capture their most prized images.]


Explorer


Collecting your warmth on the palm of my hand:


explorer of exotic landscapes,

brushing over the warm skin,

the shallow arc of your back.


Behind closed eyes:


the sunlit concave of a desert dune

amidst an undulating vastness:

the sun-warmed backs of dreams.

No comments: